“Egg Roll in a Bowl” is a quick and healthy dinner that’s ready in about 15-20 minutes! Use your Luckett Farms CSA bag to create this Healthy Chinese meal at home, in one skillet!
- 1 lb. ground beef (I use our Luckett farms grass-fed beef) but you can use ground beef, deer, turkey breast, ground chicken, or ground pork
- 1 sweet pepper and onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1 small head of cabbage sliced thin
- ½ cup grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 1 small squash or zucchini “matchstick, cubes, or diced thin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. Drain; return meat to skillet.
- Add diced pepper and onion, sesame oil, and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for a few more minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add squash and zucchini cook to desired tenderness.
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce (optional), coleslaw, and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for about 5-7 more minutes, or until cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!!!