Luckett Farms Community Supported Agriculture Membership Agreement
This is a CSA Membership agreement between Luckett Farms, LLC and yourself.
By completing the checkout process on our website you are agreeing to become a member of Luckett Farms CSA for one Season. This agreement will grant the exchange of resources between CSA members and Luckett Farms. Members will provide capital in exchange for produce from Luckett Farms. By doing so you are engaging in a mutually beneficial relationship that ensures the sustainability and prosperity of local food production on our farm and the availability of wholesome food and a connection to agrarian traditions for the community. The concept of CSA grew out of a need for farmers to gain access to capital during the year. By acquiring up-front “seed money” from known customers, it gives the farmer an opportunity to remain un-indebted to banks. We run our business off un-indebted practices. Instead, the farmer is indebted to his/her members, who are repaid with the fruits of the farmer’s labor. Without access to this seed money, small-scale farming would be even more challenging.
Luckett Farms will provide vegetables, fruit, honey, or other homegrown items from the farm to all its CSA members during the current growing Season. This will be done in exchange for a contribution dependent on the members selected box size. The box sizes and prices are as follows; Average $25 per week For their contribution, members will receive a CSA box filled with local produce each week. Each box will vary in the amount and type of produce as it is dependent upon the harvest of the week. Luckett Farms will produce many vegetable varieties and a few fruit varieties during the growing season. However, the weekly availability of vegetables and fruit will vary due to the climate, biology, and other unpredictable variables. Luckett Farms cannot promise the delivery of any certain item on any specific date.
There will be a $15 Non Refundable Registration Fee. Your CSA Membership is to be paid in full using our on-line shopping cart. The shopping cart accepts PayPal and Credit Cards (an additional fee may apply to PayPal payments). You understand that unless paid in full you will not be a member and will not receive produce. Weekly and Monthly payments are not accepted.
On occasion we allow select members to join through a payment plan of two equal amounts 30 days apart. Members that qualify for this dispensation understand and agree that both payments must be received prior to the official start of the season. Again their obligation (payment) to the CSA (payment) must be paid in full prior to the season starting. All other rules listed on this page apply equally to these select members.
We do not offer refunds. A CSA is about commitment to a local farmer and our commitment to you. If you have made a purchase and no longer want to receive your share you can sell it to a friend and inform us of the change. Offer it to a charity or cancel delivery and forfeit your funds.
- I will return my box and containers faithfully every week and agree to a $7.50 charge if I fail to do so.
- I agree to arrive at my drop-off / pick-up location on time or give advanced notification if I am unable to do so. I also understand that the CSA has a tight schedule they must adhere to and that they are unable to wait past designated times.
- If I am unable to drop-off / pick-up my box at the designated time or I do not contact the CSA to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled drop-off / pick-up time that my box will be donated and I am still responsible for payment.
- If I pick-up from the Farm, I agree to come every week on the same day. If I am unable to pick up my box on the designated day or I do not contact the CSA to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled day I agree that my box will be donated and I am still responsible for payment.
- If I opt for Home Delivery I will leave a large ice chest out with Ice Packs and place it in a shady spot to keep the produce cool and fresh as Luckett Farms is not liable for produce left out in the sun.
- I understand that the CSA does not spray undesirable chemicals on the produce and that the produce may not be perfect because of this. The produce maybe dirty. Sometimes I may find a bug or worm.
- I understand that the CSA does their absolute best to pick the “perfect” produce to put in the boxes and try not to include any items that are ” bad” however they are human and may make mistakes or overlook things.
- If there is anything that is questionable I will give the CSA the opportunity to make it right by providing me with another available item at no cost to me.
- I understand that by becoming a member I am sharing in the risk and rewards of the growing season. I realize there can be issues related to harvest and bounty that may preclude produce from being delivered. That of pests, blights, weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
- I will automatically be added to our email list and I promise to stay subscribed to it for as long as I am a paying member of the CSA.
*I have read all of the above and understand the membership agreement. I Understand and Agree to pay for and pick up my CSA box each week during the Season. If I Do NOT pick up my box on my designated day, I Understand that it will NOT be held for a later date. I understand that it WILL be donated to a needy family/ food bank (that day) and I will be responsible for the cost.
We encourage you to print and save this page for future reference.
Terms are subject to change without notice.