We have three plots of land totaling just under 40 acres plus an additional 200 acres of pasture for our cows. Our main plot is located on Port Hudson-Pride Road in Pride, LA where Derek is the 3rd generation to farm on this, his grandfathers land. Although we aren’t certified organic we have a set of principles that we follow for the health of the land, our family and yours.
Our Beliefs and Practices
- We maintain and build the soil by rotating crops, using integrated pest management, compost and cover crops.
- We avoid the use of GMO seeds, synthetic pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- Most of our produce is grown without the use of pesticides, when advised we do our best to use USDA Organic Certified pesticides.
- We do not use antibiotics, synthetic preservatives or additives on our produce.
- We pick as close to the peak of ripeness as possible so our Members get the most nutritional value from the produce.
- We are local and thus emit less pollution resulting in cleaner air for your kids.
- Our land doubles as beneficial habitat for Gods creatures.
- We are preserving farmland for future generations.
- We conduct our business in an ethical manner.
- Our grass fed livestock is treated humanely and roams free on our 200 acres of tree-lined pasture.
- We do not use hormones on our animals.
- We share our farming knowledge freely with others.
- We work with other local farmers in surrounding communities that share our agricultural practices thus creating a more sustainable and unified agricultural community.